12.18.2011

Twas the week before Christmas...

One week to go until Christmas.  We were pretty good about getting the decorations up and going this year, but somehow it still seemed to sneak up on me a little.  I have to admit, I LOVE the holidays!  From Thanksgiving through New Years.  I look forward to everything about them.  The food, the smells, the colors, the feeling, the music (yes, I am one of those annoying people that love Christmas music, but I do reserve playing it until the day after Thanksgiving).  I love to sit quietly, all cuddled up, and listen to
Christmas music, read a book with the kids, or just watch the Christmas tree and lights and discuss what we are all thankful for that day.  It is such a relaxing thing and even the kids chill out a little and enjoy it.  When they are off to bed I will make some hot chocolate and just sit quietly thinking, reading, or spending time with Chris in the soft Christmas lights.  I miss having the tree in the living room with us, but there is no way that it would survive little Millie and her very curious and clumsy stage.  Top that off with Duncan's inability to let her do anything herself, let alone with a toy, and there is sure to be a disaster.












We haven't had the weather that usually comes with it.  I am on the fence about how I feel about that.  I really dislike playing and driving in the snow, but I love a white Christmas.  It doesn't look like we are going to have one this year.  I am beginning to wonder if that means we are going to be dumped on later and miss out on spring again.  It would just be par for the course for us and pregnancies.  It is usually really bad weather when we deliver.  I am pretty sure it is just so I stress about family traveling to be there for us.

This year has been fairly quiet.  We haven't been able to go to many Christmas parties. We were able to go to Chris' work party.  I am glad that did too.  It was pretty fun this year.  We usually have a few parties to go to... a few for work, one or two with friends, church, and our own.  Chris had his knee surgery a day or two before the Church party and one of the work parties.  The friends that had the parties last year have all moved away, and we aren't going to have one this year due to the house being on the market, knee surgery, and little kids.  We have had some fun all the same. We went to the new Master Sergeants house for Thanksgiving and had a pretty good time there. We went to the downtown Great Falls Christmas Stroll, and well as the Children's Christmas party for CE. We were also able to celebrate Duncan's birthday with family and friends for the first time.  We went to the CE Christmas party, and we are going back to the MSgt's house for Christmas dinner.  We are making sugar cookies to take to the shop and to all of our friends this week.  I am sure that will be a separate post, as I am going to let BOTH kids decorate a few themselves.  Most of the Christmas cards have been sent, the rest will be sent tomorrow (I know, shocking that I got them done BEFORE Christmas this year, right?) 


















This year has been so strange and quick.  Duncan seems so much older, Our little Millie is growing up before our eyes as well, it is hard to believe that she is nearly a year old.  Christmas morning with TWO KIDS and a third on the way.  I remember Duncan's first Christmas (not that long ago) and am amazed at all that has taken place since.  Next year this time... hard to even imagine.  Everything will be new all over again, however, in Alaska I am sure that there will be snow.

(God grand me the patience to enjoy my blessings)

No comments:

Post a Comment