10.08.2011

Time is Flying By

Where does the time go?
Autumn is now in full swing here in Great Falls.  Most of the leaves have changed, the weather has started to get chilly, and winter is showing it's quick approach. Sprinklers have all been turned off and lines blown out for the year.  Coats are once again hanging on the pegs. There was even some snow back in Utah.  I was pretty ready for fall this year.  I am not a fan of winter however.  Fall temps seem to be my favorite.  Not to mention all of the beautiful colors.  I was a bit surprised to see Christmas stuff out in the stores already!!!  What happened to Halloween and Thanksgiving?
Things seem to be in a holding pattern for us.  The house is up for sale, but no bites, or even real interest in it.  We still haven't heard if the extension on Chris' orders was apporved.  We have no future travel plans (a first for us). It makes it seem like nothing new is really going on around here... but there is.


 The kids are both growing like weeds.  Duncan has grown a full inch in the last two months (still hasn't gained any weight, unfortunately).  His warm clothes no longer fit.  His sister is right behind him.  I have started putting her in 12month clothes already.  I am a bit concerned that the pants already seem a little short and she is only 9 months.
Millie is keeping me on my toes lately.  She went from a little bit of scooting, straight to pulling up on furniture and walking along it.  She is into everything and seems to be just as vocal as her brother.  I watched them have a jibberish conversation with each other for a full 15 minutes.  They just sat on the floor facing each other and talked back and forth.  Millie has learned a few words though.  Thanks to Duncan she is pretty good at NO.  She says HI regularly and waves.  Mama and daddy are pretty regular, though sometimes confused.  She also raises her hands to say TA DA, turns her palms up to say UH OH (usually after throwing something), and blows kisses.  We are working on Bye Bye, but she can't seem to get the bee sound out in the begining of a word.
When I sit and think about it, we have kept pretty busy. I just haven't written as much as I should.  I guess the biggest news recently is with Chris.  He managed to hurt his knee playing basketball last week and has been home ever since.  It doesn't bode well for us.  He went to the ER and had an x-ray that came back negative for a bone break.  Now he just has to wait and see if they will let him have an MRI to look for any other damage.  He is pretty sure that it is as bad if not worse than his last knee injury.  I feel bad for him.  His last injury took a year to heal from with surgery.  It also puts Alaska on hold, if not off altogether.  He went to start his paperwork and they wouldn't take it because of his injury.  When he called the right department to ask about it they basically told him he had to wait until the extent of the injury is known and a time frame is laid out.  The pain is starting to go down, but he still can't put any weight on it.  It is going to be interesting taking care of the kids And helping Chris with what he needs.  I certainly won't have time to be bored.  As long as my pregnancy stays as uneventful as it has we will be fine.
I will have to write a few other posts to catch up with events in recent past.

No comments:

Post a Comment